If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Anchorage is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Alaska. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper xD coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that drivers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Anchorage is your target objective, then knowing how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
This article’s intent is to introduce you to how insurance works and also pocket some savings If you have coverage now, you should be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers just have to use the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Finding cheaper Anchorage auto insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to take the time getting comparison quotes to find the company with cheaper Anchorage car insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The internet eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance only provided by licensed Anchorage agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The following companies provide price quotes in Alaska. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Alaska, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Scion xD insurance in Anchorage with discounts
Some companies don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Student in College – Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below compares Scion xD car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, good student, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, company car, mature driver, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and air bags.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
When getting free Anchorage car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in your state. To choose car insurance companies with the best Scion xD insurance discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
Scion xD insurance statistics and information
The rate information displayed next showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Scion xD models. Learning more about how insurance quotes are determined can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$144||$280||$278||$16||$84||$802||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Anchorage which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Scion xD annual premium costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Scion xD insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no specific rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Scion xD claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Women tend to cost less – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The illustration below compares Scion xD insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving more miles annually the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your xD may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the right rating data.
- Where you call home is a factor – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase on your xD policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Poor credit rating equals high prices – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Scion xD by repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Older drivers pay less – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Anchorage.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Anchorage that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local Anchorage insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Anchorage are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you definitely need to check rates from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Anchorage exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Anchorage should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Upon receiving positive responses to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Does my Scion xD qualify for pleasure use?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered some good ideas how to lower your Scion xD insurance premium rates in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Police Officers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)