Want to learn a better way to compare more affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Anchorage? Nobody I know rejoices having to buy insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better prices if they shop around.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most insurance buyers in Alaska kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America could save an average of as much as 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
Many car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to get the best rate on Dodge Durango insurance in Anchorage.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best quotes on Dodge Durango insurance in Anchorage six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Anchorage can initially seem challenging. Nevertheless, Alaska car owners must comprehend the methods companies use to sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Anchorage is to understand auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like distance driven, any included safety features, your credit rating estimate, and how much school you completed. The rating information is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Alaska. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Choosing Durango insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Durango in Anchorage, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Seven discounts for cheap insurance quotes
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies provide a small discount shop Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, teen driver, homeowner, good student, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, online quote, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, multiple autos, multiple policy, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, membership and employees, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate discounts include early signing, auto/life discount, premier discount, farm vehicle, eSmart discount, and premier plus.
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Anchorage. To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Alaska, follow this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Durango?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance agents can help
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Anchorage.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use local Anchorage agents, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Anchorage can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below are independent agents in Anchorage that can give you price quotes.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage willing to provide price quote information.
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Anchorage should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Anchorage?
- How long has their agency been open in Anchorage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which family members are covered?
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Dodge Durango
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Durango from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Durango to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/25 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Alaska requires drivers to carry at least 50/100/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Durango.
Since many Alaska drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 50/100/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Best car insurance company in Alaska
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Alaska. The ranking information shown below may help you decide which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Be persistent to save money
Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Anchorage is possible both online and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Dodge Durango insurance prices online in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Anchorage
The preferred way to get cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Anchorage is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Alaska. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Durango insurance in Anchorage. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)