The preferred way to get discount Toyota Prius V insurance is to annually compare prices from providers in Anchorage.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional tips to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Find an Anchorage insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Prius V coverage is available in Anchorage. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Inconceivable but true, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Alaska consumers could save almost 35% every year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. This article’s goal is to help you learn how to get online quotes and also pocket some savings Nevertheless, Alaska consumers do need to understand the way companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is provide details including level of coverage desired, whether or not you need a SR-22, how old drivers are, and types of safety features. The rating information is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
To check Toyota Prius V insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. To locate cheap auto insurance in Alaska, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Prius V insurance, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Prius V has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Toyota Prius V and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts can help save money on Toyota Prius V insurance in Anchorage
Some insurers don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Anchorage auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Resident Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Anchorage without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. To locate car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Anchorage, click here.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Anchorage.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage that can provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good Anchorage insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Anchorage can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
- Denali Alaskan Insurance LLC
440 E 36th Ave #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 257-1625 – View Map
- Umialik Insurance Company
3301 C St #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 338-5445 – View Map
- Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
- Randy Rhodes State Farm Insurance
5915 Lake Otis Pkwy Suite 2 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 644-7997 – View Map
- Lisa Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
8427 Laviento Dr #201 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 344-0506 – View Map
- Doug McCann – State Farm Insurance Agent
360 Boniface Pkwy, Ste B5 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 272-6442 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
We covered many tips how you can shop for Toyota Prius V insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Cheap Toyota Prius V insurance in Anchorage is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Anchorage auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online quoting and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)