A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American drivers could save themselves almost $860 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Anchorage is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Alaska.
First, try to comprehend how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional tips to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Find an Anchorage insurance agent
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Locating the lowest-priced protection in Anchorage is easy if you know what you’re doing. In essence, each driver who carries car insurance will most likely find a lower-cost policy. But Alaska consumers need to learn the way insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information like your job, which vehicles you own, distance driven, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your information is then submitted to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To find lower cheap Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Alaska. If you want cheap car insurance in AK, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Alaska but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota Avalon Hybrid, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Toyota Avalon Hybrid but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Avalon Hybrid more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Toyota Avalon Hybrid Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Mature drivers pay less – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
Reduce prices by driving safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Toyota Avalon Hybrid earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Car features that lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Gender and car insurance costs – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Toyota Avalon Hybrid historical loss data – Companies use data from past claims when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Avalon Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Avalon Hybrid||120||72||132||107||85||80|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get affordable Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance in Anchorage with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Anchorage car insurance online.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers could receive better insurance rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new Avalon Hybrid may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, good student, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Travelers has discounts for new car, save driver, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, driver training, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
If you want the cheapest Toyota Avalon Hybrid rate quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Anchorage, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
By using this quick form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you free Anchorage car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Shown below is a list of insurers in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes for Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance in Anchorage.
Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Best auto insurance in Anchorage
Finding the best insurer is difficult considering how many choices there are in Alaska. The ranking data shown next can help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- The General – A-
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Quote more and you will save more
There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. The cheapest Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance in Anchorage can be bought online and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance premium rates online in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)