Shopping for more affordable Anchorage Suzuki XL-7 insurance quotes may be somewhat intimidating for consumers that are relatively new to comparing rates on the web. With so many options of companies in the marketplace, how can consumers have the ability to compare the different rates to find lower car insurance premiums?
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of car insurance customers in Alaska kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save about $850 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
Lower Your Anchorage Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
- Uninterrupted coverage lowers rates – Not having insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Infrequent drivers can save – Driving more miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated XL-7 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven.
- Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- File claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Alaska generally give most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
When looking for inexpensive Anchorage auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from many available insurance companies in Alaska. The quickest method to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding a better price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. In order to find cheap car insurance in AK, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Suzuki at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Suzuki but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Alaska is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Anchorage insurance discounts for a Suzuki XL-7
Car insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies that have most of these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you want low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be available in Anchorage. If you would like to view insurers offering car insurance discounts in Alaska, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from Anchorage auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How are claims handled?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Best car insurance agent in Anchorage
When finding a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Anchorage may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage who may provide you with price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1830 E Parks Hwy a116 – Wasilla, AK 99654 – (907) 631-6001 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly L. Snodgrass
9900 Old Seward Hwy #5 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 346-4006 – View Map
- Bill Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Gambell St – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-2424 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Anchorage who can help you get rate quotes.
- Horace Mann Insurance Co
7926 Old Seward Hwy – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 561-1393 – View Map
- Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
- Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Anchorage auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Suzuki XL-7 insurance is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
How to find the cheapest rates for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Anchorage
The recommended way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Anchorage.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper XL-7 coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Much more information about car insurance in Alaska is located at the links below
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)