It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in Anchorage can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched.
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for Subaru BRZ insurance in Anchorage is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Alaska.
- First, read and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides additional ideas to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Subaru BRZ insurance discounts in Anchorage
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will lower your overall bill.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Alaska, click here.
All major car insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage prices on their websites. The process is fairly simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
Being able to quote online for Subaru BRZ insurance in Anchorage makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get lower-cost car insurance pricing.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you are getting a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want cheap car insurance in AK, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Subaru BRZ is worth?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Anchorage car insurance agent
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Anchorage who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Anchorage for you
If you’re trying to find a local Anchorage insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Anchorage exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Bill Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Gambell St – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-2424 – View Map
- Tim Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
1417 W Northern Lights Blvd A – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-4000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: M. Diane Johnson
4045 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste 206 – Anchorage, AK 99508 – (907) 569-6900 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Anchorage that can give you price quote information.
- Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
- The Wilson Agency
3000 A St #400 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-1616 – View Map
- J C Morris Insurance Services
4011 Arctic Blvd #105 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 272-2524 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable rates
In this article, we presented many ways to save on Subaru BRZ insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Anchorage can be sourced online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information can be found at the links below