It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop for lower prices are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved about $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to compare coverage rates can save time and money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Anchorage. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and your credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more details to help prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Forenza coverage is available in Anchorage. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the premium cost.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including annual mileage, professional/association, accident-free, anti-theft, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, multi-car, mature driver, distant student, and good student.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, accident-free, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for FullPay discount, economy car, early signing, farm vehicle, senior citizen, passive restraint, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Anchorage. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
There are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The quickest method to find the cheapest Suzuki Forenza insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to go to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the peace of mind of a local Anchorage agent. It is possible with some companies get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find lower pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Alaska. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What policy terms are available?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Anchorage.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When looking for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Anchorage willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Anchorage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you receive positive feedback to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can cancel a policy any time you want so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company for any length of time.
Which auto insurance company is best in Anchorage?
Ending up with a high-quality insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Alaska. The rank data in the next section could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We covered some good ideas how you can find cheap Suzuki Forenza insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper Suzuki Forenza insurance in Anchorage can be found online in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)