Are you looking for cheaper Porsche Carrera GT insurance in Anchorage? Nobody I know anticipates paying for car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are too high.
It’s shocking but about 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Most drivers in America could save approximately 47% every year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
Big companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates every six months since insurance rates change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rate on Porsche Carrera GT insurance in Anchorage six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to find better coverage on Porsche Carrera GT insurance in Anchorage at a better price.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Locating the best rates in Anchorage can be made easier if you know where to look. Nevertheless, Alaska car owners do need to know how companies compete online.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are quite a few additional coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Do you really need to file those auto insurance claims? – Auto insurance companies in Alaska award the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Do you work long hours in a tough occupation? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like military personnel, police officers, and stock brokers generally have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers such as professors, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department.
- Do males or females drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females get in accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- Save money with responsible credit – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Porsche Carrera GT by improving your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Score discounts on Anchorage car insurance
Some companies don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Porsche could be rewarded with slightly better prices than normal.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Carrera GT insurance in Anchorage.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies who offer online Porsche Carrera GT insurance quotes in Alaska, click here.
Cover all your bases
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to find cheap Porsche Carrera GT insurance in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agents. Low-cost Porsche Carrera GT insurance in Anchorage can be purchased both online and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
How to find discount Porsche Carrera GT insurance in Anchorage
The best way to find cheaper quotes for Porsche Carrera GT insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Anchorage. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at the links below
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)