Overpriced Pontiac GTO insurance in Anchorage can drain your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $72 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Anchorage is the reason for your visit, then understanding the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
Steps to saving on Pontiac GTO insurance in Anchorage
The most effective way to save on auto insurance rates in Anchorage is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Alaska.
- First, learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides tips to find cheap rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper GTO coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates periodically because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Pontiac GTO insurance in Anchorage a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Anchorage is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Alaska car owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Pontiac GTO insurance in Anchorage is to understand most larger insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like what you do for a living, if you lease or own, whether you are single or married, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating information is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac GTO in Anchorage, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Determine discounts on Anchorage car insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get reduced rates.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for air bags, theft prevention, good student, early bird, homeowners, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, passive restraint, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, good student, business or organization, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Esurance includes discounts for defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and renters.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, and anti-theft.
If you need the cheapest Pontiac GTO rate quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere.
Anchorage car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Anchorage. The company ratings displayed below could help you select which companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual