The most effective way to get affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Anchorage. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Alaska have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save an average of approximately $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance without reducing coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Anchorage is not rocket science. Vehicle owners just have to understand the least time-consuming way to compare insurance rates online.
These ten discounts can lower Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching driver safety skills may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Anchorage may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, good student, multi-car, business and professional, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, military active duty, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, driver training, and good student.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, paid-in-full, good driver, homeowner, and DriveSense.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, multiple policy, and good driver.
When comparing rates, check with every company the best way to save money. Savings might not apply in your area.
Most companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Anchorage doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in your coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Anchorage makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this in order to find a better rate.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want the best car insurance in AK, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Buying car insurance from Anchorage insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to companies in Anchorage that provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Anchorage?
If you want an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Anchorage that are able to give comparison quotes.
Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Anchorage independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mitsubishi Mirage G4 in Anchorage, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Mitsubishi Mirage G4 but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
Due to the fact that many Alaska drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 50/100/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mirage G4 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Mirage G4 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like dental work, X-ray expenses, surgery, doctor visits and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/25 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Alaska requires drivers to carry at least 50/100/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, fire damage and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance premium rates in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Anchorage can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)