Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of car insurance customers in Alaska kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could save themselves approximately 47% a year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Anchorage. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Immediately place the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Anchorage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Smart buyers just need to use the tricks to get comparison rates online.
Low Cost Mazda insurance prices in Anchorage
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Alaska. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in AK, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
The Mazda 2 Insurance Cost Equation
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Guys pay more for insurance coverage – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Your address can influence price – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Never let your car insurance lapse – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Some car insurance companies allow better rates to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare Mazda 2 rates in Anchorage to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Mazda 2 has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Lower-cost Anchorage car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current 2 insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Anchorage car insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To view companies who offer discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Anchorage should know the answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How are they compensated?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What companies can they write with?
Alaska auto insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Alaska. The company rank data listed below can help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- GEICO – 89%
- The Hartford – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
Which is the best auto insurance?
When quoting and comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Discount Mazda 2 insurance in Anchorage is possible both online in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about insurance in Alaska can be found on the following sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)