Sadly, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Alaska consumers could cut their rates by almost $368 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
The preferred way to quote cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Anchorage is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Alaska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Anchorage is not that difficult. But Alaska consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering cheap Kia Stinger rate quotes in Anchorage, AK
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Alaska. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Kia Stinger insurance rates in Anchorage
Some providers don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Anchorage can help you save on insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current Stinger insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Anchorage auto insurance quotes online.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Anchorage is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Paper-free Discount – Some insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Distant Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Anchorage and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A few companies that may have these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Anchorage.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Anchorage for you
If you’re trying to find local Anchorage agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage that can give you rate quotes.
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below are Anchorage independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/25 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, bail bonds, funeral expenses, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Alaska requires drivers to carry at least 50/100/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as pain medications, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Stinger from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Stinger to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Kia Stinger.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Alaska limits are 50/100/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, vandalism, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Quote more to save more
We covered some good ideas how to shop for Kia Stinger insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Anchorage auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Anchorage can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Anchorage agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)