Having to pay for pricey Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage can diminish your savings and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Performing a rate comparison can help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare price quotes will probably move their business because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $850 each year compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on Kia Spectra insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a good understanding how to compare insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage
To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Kia Spectra insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Anchorage.
- Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to prevent rate hikes and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Spectra coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Once received, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Consumers have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the proper way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Anchorage auto insurance depending on your company.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on your computer.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies who may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When getting free Anchorage auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To locate insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.
Most larger insurance companies give pricing directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system obtains your driving and credit reports and returns a price. Being able to quote online for Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to do this if you want to get affordable rates.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The following companies provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
- Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Save money by staying claim free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Alaska give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Bundle and save – Most major car insurance companies apply lower prices to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare Kia Spectra rates in Anchorage to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Where you live can modify prices – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means fewer accidents. Drivers who live in large Alaska cities regularly have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – The more you drive your Kia in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Spectra may be costing you. Double check that your car insurance coverage is rated on the correct usage.
- Drivers with excellent credit save – Credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Spectra by improving your credit score. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
The difference between Anchorage auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Anchorage are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Anchorage willing to provide rate quotes.
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quote information.
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required by state law in Alaska and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Spectra has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Kia but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Alaska is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Ratings for Anchorage auto insurance companies
Selecting the best insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Alaska. The information shown next can help you pick which providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
Budget-conscious Kia Spectra insurance is attainable online and with local Anchorage insurance agents, so you need to quote Anchorage auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to finding more affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Anchorage
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Kia Spectra insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Anchorage. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)