It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Kia Borrego insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Anchorage.
First, get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who compare price quotes are inclined to move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $865 a year compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Anchorage is your ultimate objective, then understanding how to find and compare auto insurance can save money and time.
Quoting the lowest cost coverage in Anchorage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or just want to save money, you can use these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing coverage. You just need to learn the most efficient way to compare insurance rates instantly.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Anchorage attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Early Signing – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not be offered in every state.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Anchorage is to understand most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data like your general credit rating, if you require a SR-22, the ages of drivers, and marital status. Your details is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Alaska. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in AK, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
The Kia Borrego Insurance Cost Equation
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Vehicle features that cut auto insurance rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
Improve your credit score – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit. So if your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Kia Borrego by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Bundle policies with the same company – Most companies will award better rates to clients who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Liability insurance is peace of mind – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car or truck you drive makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Anchorage for you
When searching for a good Anchorage insurance agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Anchorage can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below are independent agents in Anchorage that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Anchorage should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Anchorage?
Three reasons to insure your Borrego
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Borrego, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
When shopping online for car insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Kia Borrego insurance auto insurance rates in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kia Borrego insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)