Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Volkswagen e-Golf in Alaska could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Volkswagen and locate the lowest price.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is your target objective, then understanding how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around yearly since prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Anchorage on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Where can I get the cheapest Anchorage Volkswagen e-Golf insurance?
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Alaska. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Anchorage insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Anchorage auto insurance quote compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, daytime running lights, air bags, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paperless, safe driver, air bags, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, claim free, multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and DriveSense.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, driver’s education, student away at school, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find companies with the best Volkswagen e-Golf insurance discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Anchorage.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
- Umialik Insurance Company
3301 C St #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 338-5445 – View Map
- Integrity Insurance Agency
1505 W 34th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (844) 878-0258 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Anchorage who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Stan Tebow
3701 E Tudor Rd Ste 105 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2645 – View Map
- Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
- Herb Schlereth – State Farm Insurance Agent
225 E Fireweed Ln #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-5548 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Anchorage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Alaska?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Seven Things That Determine Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Claims cost money – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Alaska generally give lower rates to people who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger car insurance companies give lower prices to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your e-Golf policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Liability protection limits on your policy – The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Vocation reflects on rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as lawyers, architects, and financial analysts are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like actors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
High performance equals high prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices are for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your e-Golf
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen e-Golf insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Alaska but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen e-Golf has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Anchorage is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Ratings for Alaska auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Anchorage. The company rank data listed below can help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Anchorage can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Anchorage auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you quote Anchorage auto insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Anchorage
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Anchorage.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper e-Golf coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Once received, store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)