Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable car insurance rates in Anchorage, AK? Anchorage buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Ford Freestar insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Ford and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Anchorage agents.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Alaska drivers can save up to 35% each year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Freestar insurance in Anchorage a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How You Can Control Ford Freestar Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Premiums for men may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Males and females have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- Too many policy claims will drive prices up – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Alaska provide discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Commute or pleasure use – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Freestar may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Your job is a factor – Occupational choices like judges, architects, and dentists generally have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and performers pay the least.
- Avoid policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Some insurers will give a discount to clients who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Don’t neglect these premium slashing discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- No Accidents – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Anchorage and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Freestar insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Alaska, click this link.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in Anchorage is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Steps to finding better rates for Ford Freestar insurance in Anchorage
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Alaska.
First, gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Police Officers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)