Everyone knows that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who do rate comparisons will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Audi A7 insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Alaska.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to help find cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Anchorage. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Six Tips to Get More Affordable Anchorage Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates. Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Liability safeguards assets – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Minor frequent policy claims are not good – Insurance companies in Alaska generally give discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Audi earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- How old are your drivers? – Young drivers in Alaska have been known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver to your insurance policy can really hurt. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Audi A7 insurance loss probability – Companies factor in historical loss data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Audi A7 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Audi A7 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A7 4dr 4WD 207 76 208 50 49 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Anchorage auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be asked for before they will apply.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Anchorage Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits possibly include:
If you want affordable Audi A7 insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Anchorage. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
Best car insurance company in Anchorage
Picking the right auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Alaska. The rank data listed below may help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
You can lower your insurance rates
Discount Audi A7 insurance in Anchorage can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Anchorage agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Audi A7 insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Anchorage car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with an unexpected company.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More information can be found below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)