The best way to find low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding and a bad credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Sadly, the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Alaska insurance shoppers can save nearly $370 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Cheap Cadillac insurance rate quotes in Anchorage
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Alaska. If you want cheap car insurance in AK, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Seven factors that influence insurance rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Better auto insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An incorrectly rated ATS is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more financially stable and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Certain vocations raise rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and accountants have the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, engineers and performers pay the least.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many insurers will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
- A auto insurance lapse can increase prices – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Cadillac ATS is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Cadillac ATS insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Club Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get Anchorage auto insurance quotes online.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Anchorage and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 get Anchorage auto insurance online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Esurance includes discounts for renters, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, and safety device.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, military active duty, anti-theft, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Anchorage. To view companies who offer discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Anchorage.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
We just covered many tips how you can find affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Discount Cadillac ATS insurance can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)