Want to know how to find lower-priced Audi TTS insurance in Anchorage? Locating cheaper insurance for your Audi TTS in Alaska can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages on a Audi and find the best price possible from Anchorage insurance agents and online providers.
Locating the lowest cost insurance in Anchorage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find the best rates without reducing protection. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
How to get free Audi TTS insurance quotes online
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Alaska. To find cheap auto insurance in Alaska, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi TTS insurance, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your TTS, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower Your Anchorage Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors that factor into rates.
Gender matters – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
Married people drive safer – Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The type of car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Premiums drop with age – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Audi TTS insurance loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Audi TTS vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi TTS 2dr 4WD||141|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer discounts in Alaska, click this link.
Buying insurance from Anchorage auto insurance agents
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in Anchorage.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage that give free quotes for your business. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Best car insurance agent in Anchorage
When narrowing the list to find local Anchorage agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following are Anchorage independent agencies who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
- Horace Mann Insurance Co
7926 Old Seward Hwy – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 561-1393 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Amy Jones
111 W 6th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2060 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Rodriguez
5001 Arctic Blvd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-0003 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Roy Briley
1577 C St Ste 102 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 297-2900 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
One last note
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
As you quote Anchorage car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Anchorage can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Audi TTS insurance in Anchorage
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Anchorage.
- Read about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and a low credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper TTS coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)