If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Pontiac Vibe insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Anchorage.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a bad credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover tips to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Vibe coverage is available in Anchorage. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Unfortunately, most consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Alaska being $1,160, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to find cheaper car insurance rates.
Best companies for affordable Pontiac Vibe insurance in Alaska
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want the best auto insurance in AK, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance data for a Pontiac Vibe
The information below outlines detailed analysis of prices for Pontiac Vibe models. Being aware of how premiums are figured can help drivers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can revise premiums substantially.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Pontiac Vibe replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Lower-cost Pontiac Vibe insurance in Anchorage
Companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Vibe insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Pontiac Vibe insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or claims, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, claim free, good student, homeowner, DriveSense, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, newly married, multi-car, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, teen driver, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, military active duty, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in every state.
What Affects Pontiac Vibe Insurance Rates?
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
Rates impacted by your city – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can save you money when talking about insurance. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft.
You might have higher rates if you are single – Your spouse helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other means you’re more financially stable and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Liability coverage claims can be big – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Continuous coverage lowers prices – Going without insurance is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Alaska motor vehicle department.
Obey driving laws and save – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can impact Pontiac Vibe car insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When choosing your policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How are they compensated?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Anchorage are considered either exclusive or independent. Both can sell car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Anchorage exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you should always include independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Anchorage that can give you price quote information.
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just understand that you are able to cancel a policy when you choose so never feel that you are obligated to any particular company for the full policy term.
How to find a good Anchorage car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Anchorage. The company rank data in the next section can help you select which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Cover all your bases
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Pontiac Vibe insurance car insurance rates in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced Pontiac Vibe insurance in Anchorage is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Anchorage agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)