The recommended way to get affordable Nissan Titan XD insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Anchorage. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Anchorage drivers could cut their rates by as much as $400 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in AK, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Three reasons to insure your Nissan Titan XD
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Titan XD in Anchorage, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Titan XD has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Titan XD greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Anchorage insurance discounts for a Nissan Titan XD
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Anchorage Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Anchorage can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, five-year accident-free, air bags, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, type of vehicle, good student, multi-car, ease of repair, annual mileage, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, distant student, teen driver, business and professional, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for student away at school, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, group or association, company car, and mature driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, multi-car, new graduate, safety features, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, multi-car, and drive less.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- USAA offers premium reductions for loyalty savings, driver training, defensive driver, safe driver, new vehicle, good student, and vehicle storage.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state.
Comparing rates from local Anchorage auto insurance agents
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Anchorage.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a good Anchorage insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you contact independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage who may provide free price quotes.
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive agents in Anchorage willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Anchorage should know the answers to these questions.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Shop smart and save
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to shop for Nissan Titan XD insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Nissan Titan XD insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some companies may not have online quoting and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Nissan Titan XD insurance in Anchorage is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Anchorage, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Alaska is located below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)