If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Anchorage is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Alaska.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more details to prevent high prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on Kia Niro insurance in Anchorage is your ultimate goal, learning the best ways to shop for coverages can help make the process easier.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to save money and still have adequate protection. Quoting and comparing the best policy in Anchorage is not as difficult as people think. Smart shoppers just have to understand the quickest way to compare prices over the internet.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including whether or not you need a SR-22, distance driven, your education level, and how you use your vehicles. That rating data is instantly submitted to multiple companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
To check Kia Niro insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Kia can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies who may offer these benefits include:
Double check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Anchorage Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder vehicle theft.
Lower premiums with no policy lapses – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Marriage discount – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Frequent policy claims will cost you more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Alaska award the best rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Save money by having responsible credit – Your credit score factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Kia Niro if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with worse credit.
Your location is a factor – Residing in a small town may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Type of vehicle determines base premiums – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Having the wrong rating on your Niro can result in significantly higher rates.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Anchorage.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Anchorage who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Below is a short list of insurers in Anchorage that are able to give comparison quotes for Kia Niro insurance in Anchorage.
- Marsh Mc Lennan Agency
1031 W 4th Ave #400 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-5617 – View Map
- State Farm: Amy Jones
111 W 6th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2060 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stanley Tebow
8201 Old Seward Hwy a – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 344-3301 – View Map
- Denali Alaskan Insurance LLC
440 E 36th Ave #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 257-1625 – View Map
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Anchorage will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Best auto insurance company in Alaska
Buying coverage from the right auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Alaska. The company ratings in the next section could help you select which companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- GEICO – 89%
- The Hartford – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced Kia Niro insurance in Anchorage is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)