If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Anchorage is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Alaska. You can shop around by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates annually are highly likely to switch insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, understanding how to quote and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Anchorage is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Consumers only need to know the most effective way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Cheapest auto insurance in Anchorage, AK
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Alaska. To buy cheaper car insurance in AK, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Save a ton with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion Energi insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- E-sign – Many companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, federal employee, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Esurance may include discounts for online quote, safety device, multi-policy, Switch & Save, good student, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into rates.
Vehicle risk impacts prices – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Low stress job equals lower rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like military personnel, social workers, and miners usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, students and performers receive lower rates.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Obey driving laws and save – Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Just one driving citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten severe tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
No car insurance claims equals cheaper car insurance rates – Companies in Alaska generally give discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
How many miles do you drive? – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Fusion Energi may be costing you.
Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Fusion Energi?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Anchorage car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Anchorage auto insurance companies
Picking the highest-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Anchorage. The company ratings below may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- GEICO – 89%
- The Hartford – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
Shop around and save
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Anchorage car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)