The most effective way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Anchorage.
- First, spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and poor credit can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to place your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates regularly saved over $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Anchorage is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to shop for auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
This information will instruct you on how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using these tips. Although Alaska drivers do need to know how companies determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Mazda Tribute insurance in Anchorage takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as if you have a valid license, driver ages, how many miles driven, and if a SR-22 is needed. The data is instantly provided to insurance companies and they return quotes instantly.
To check rates for your Mazda Tribute now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Alaska. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in AK, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Mazda Tribute insurance rate analysis
The premium information shown below covers a range of coverage prices for Mazda Tribute models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are established helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$158||$364||$262||$16||$78||$878||$73|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$158||$364||$262||$16||$78||$878||$73|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$158||$364||$262||$16||$78||$878||$73|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$180||$364||$262||$16||$78||$900||$75|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$180||$364||$262||$16||$78||$900||$75|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$180||$430||$262||$16||$78||$966||$81|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$180||$430||$262||$16||$78||$966||$81|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$180||$430||$262||$16||$78||$966||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change premiums substantially.
Careless driving habits raise Anchorage insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can affect Mazda Tribute insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Mazda Tribute insurance in Anchorage
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to bad drivers.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mazda Tribute insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, defensive driving training, student away at school, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, air bags, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, federal employee, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Anchorage. To view companies with the best discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda Tribute insurance, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Alaska but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Tribute has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mazda but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
How to find a good Anchorage auto insurance company
Finding a good quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Anchorage. The company information shown next can help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Can’t I compare prices from local Anchorage insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Anchorage.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Anchorage who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What companies can they write with?
If you get satisfactory answers as well as affordable Mazda Tribute insurance rates in Anchorage quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.