Having to pay for overpriced car insurance in Anchorage can bottom out your savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparing rate quotes can lower your rates and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Sadly, nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average premium in Alaska being $1,200, drivers can save 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies. Due to the abundance of different company options, it can be hard to find a more affordable company.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Spark insurance in Anchorage is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like the make and model of your vehicles, how much school you completed, daily mileage, and if the vehicle is leased. That rating data is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Chevy Spark now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. To find cheap car insurance in AK, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Spark in Anchorage, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Chevy Spark Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Miles impacts costs – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Spark is throwing money out the window.
- Marriage discount – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your job is a factor – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as doctors, social workers, and medical professionals generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Chevrolet Spark insurance in Anchorage.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, accident-free, good student, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and air bags.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, student driver, teen driver, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Anchorage, click here.
You may need help from an agent
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Anchorage.
After filling out this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Listed below are Anchorage insurance companies that are able to give price quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Anchorage.
Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Upon receiving positive feedback to these questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a company that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Chevy Spark insurance car insurance rates online in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Low-cost Chevy Spark insurance in Anchorage is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
How to buy lower priced Chevy Spark insurance in Anchorage
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Anchorage is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in Alaska. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)