If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Buick Rainier insurance in Anchorage is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Alaska. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved approximately $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Anchorage is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
Our goal in writing this article let you in on how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this strategy. Smart buyers just need to understand the quickest method to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Companies offering Buick Rainier insurance in Alaska
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Alaska. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Buick Rainier insurance in Anchorage with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Alaska, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Anchorage car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Anchorage.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Anchorage who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
The following are agents in Anchorage who can help you get price quote information for Buick Rainier insurance in Anchorage.
- Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
- State Farm: Todd Jackson
1330 Huffman Rd Suite E – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 345-0214 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
- Insurance Group Of Alaska
505 W Northern Lights Blvd #216 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 276-9600 – View Map
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If they are an independent agency in Anchorage, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Anchorage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Cover all your bases
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Buick Rainier insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Lower-priced Buick Rainier insurance in Anchorage is possible both online in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)