Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers in Alaska renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could pocket almost $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Hummer H2 SUT insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Anchorage.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives ideas to help reduce prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Finding and buying the lowest-priced coverage in Anchorage is not as difficult as people think. Practically every driver who needs cheaper auto insurance stands a good chance to find a cheaper policy. But Alaska car owners need to learn how companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Rates for males may be higher – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Don’t cut corners with liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
More traffic equals higher costs – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Never have car insurance policy lapses – Driving without insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Alaska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers – Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Finding Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Anchorage
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get pricing on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Anchorage is pretty easy as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on these factors. Getting online rate quotes for Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Anchorage simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will have a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Anchorage, AK. To get cheap auto insurance in AK, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Alaska but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your H2 SUT has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hummer for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your Hummer H2 SUT and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Anchorage insurance discounts for a Hummer H2 SUT
Companies don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from Anchorage attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Multi-car Discount – Having all your vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anchorage Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Anchorage auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Allstate has discounts for early signing, senior citizen, new car, good student, FullPay discount, multi-policy, and eSmart discount.
- Nationwide has savings for good student, business or organization, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Anchorage.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Listed below are Anchorage auto insurance companies that can give you rate quotes for Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Anchorage.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Anchorage will have answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Frequent quotes can save
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce Hummer H2 SUT insurance prices online in Anchorage. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Hummer H2 SUT insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
When getting Anchorage auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Anchorage is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)