It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your objective, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Anchorage is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell insurance in Alaska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for tips to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on C-Max Energi insurance. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have a current insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Anchorage is not rocket science. Smart buyers just have to learn the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
How to lower your Ford C-Max Energi insurance cost in Anchorage, AK
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Alaska. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in AK, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Alaska is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford C-Max Energi in Anchorage, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Alaska is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Anchorage
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new C-Max Energi can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Alaska, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Anchorage.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
When researching local Anchorage agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage that may be able to provide price quotes.
Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes.
Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Anchorage will have answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Anchorage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Alaska?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in these articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Anchorage, Alaska? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)