How long have you put off shopping around for the cheapest BMW X1 insurance in Anchorage? Tired of being strong-armed to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as many other Alaska consumers.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance in Anchorage is the reason for your visit, then learning about the best way to compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for BMW X1 insurance in Anchorage
The most effective way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell insurance in Anchorage. This can be done by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more information to help prevent costly coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Popular companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. Buying the cheapest insurance in Anchorage is really not that difficult. Although Alaska drivers do need to understand the way insurance companies calculate your insurance rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
How to buy BMW X1 insurance in Anchorage, AK
Most companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get price estimates on the web. Comparing prices online for BMW X1 insurance in Anchorage is fairly simple because you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system requests your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on many factors. The ability to get online price quotes for BMW X1 insurance in Anchorage makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want cheaper car insurance in Alaska, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your BMW X1 has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can lower BMW X1 insurance rates
Some providers don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current X1 insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your BMW can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, good student, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, continuous insurance, new car, IntelliDrive, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, multi-car, teen driver discount, newly retired, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, accident-free, good driver, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
If you need inexpensive Anchorage car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Anchorage. To find insurance companies who offer online BMW X1 insurance quotes in Alaska, click here to view.