I really doubt anyone is fond of buying auto insurance, in particular when they could get a better deal.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that people who compared rates once a year saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Anchorage is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to shop and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process. With so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it’s difficult to choose the cheapest auto insurance provider.
Get cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Anchorage with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Anchorage Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Anchorage and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, multiple policy, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and good student.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, 55 and older, early bird, automatic seat belts, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers discounts include hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, early quote, payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, and driver training.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, air bags, driver training, anti-theft, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be available in your state. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Anchorage, click here.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Dodge Stratus insurance in Anchorage is to know the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details like if you have a valid license, level of coverage desired, if you went to college, and if you’re married. Those rating factors is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To compare affordable Dodge Stratus insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Alaska, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Add-on coverages are wasting money – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Stratus policy. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Deter car thieves – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent auto theft.
Use one insurance company and save – Most major insurance companies afford lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other Anchorage Stratus insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Credit score impacts premium prices – Credit score factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Stratus by improving your rating.
Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
Your occupation is a factor – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like real estate brokers, social workers, and dentists generally have the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and performers get better rates.
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Stratus?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Dodge Stratus?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Anchorage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
When do I need to talk to an insurance agency?
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Anchorage.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Anchorage are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both handle insurance, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Anchorage that can possibly get you price quotes.
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Anchorage that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Anchorage should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Anchorage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Why you need car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Anchorage, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a loan, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Dodge Stratus insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to save on Dodge Stratus insurance in Anchorage
The preferred way to find cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Anchorage is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Alaska. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Stratus insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Much more information about insurance in Alaska is located below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)