A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Anchorage could save up to $370 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop their coverage around.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Dodge Charger insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a negative credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Charger coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Anchorage is really quite easy. Although Alaska car owners benefit from understanding the way companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for cheap Dodge Charger insurance in Alaska
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The table shown next outlines a range of policy rates for Dodge Charger models. Having a good grasp of how rates are established can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$184||$330||$384||$22||$116||$1,036||$86|
|Charger SXT AWD||$184||$330||$384||$22||$116||$1,036||$86|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$184||$380||$384||$22||$116||$1,086||$91|
|Charger R/T AWD||$204||$380||$384||$22||$116||$1,106||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Dodge Charger insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Charger yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Charger claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Determine discounts to get cheap Anchorage auto insurance quotes
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Anchorage auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower auto insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Charger insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Alaska, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Liability insurance limits on your policy – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Gender and insurance coverage prices – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Charger insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Discounts for married drivers – Getting married can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower prices – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Prevent theft and lower auto insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Keep the miles off and save – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Charger is throwing money out the window.
Dodge Charger claim statistics – Insurers study historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Charger Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Charger 2WD 148 142 160 176 178 159 Dodge Charger 4WD 124 129 115 107 110 138 Dodge Charger HEMI 156 106 202 118 127 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Anchorage.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Best auto insurance company in Anchorage
Picking the right company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Alaska. The ranking data shown below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Dodge Charger insurance auto insurance rates online in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Anchorage auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More affordable car insurance in Anchorage can be sourced on the web in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, so get free Anchorage auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about car insurance in Alaska can be found at the links below
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)