It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare other prices are likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Toyota Yaris insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Anchorage.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Yaris insurance in Anchorage. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Once received, store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Anchorage is not rocket science. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Although Alaska consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rate quotes in Alaska
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Alaska. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Toyota Yaris insurance statistics and information
The table displayed next highlights estimates of insurance rates for Toyota Yaris models. Having insight into how rate quotes are determined can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$110||$218||$314||$18||$94||$754||$63|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$110||$218||$278||$16||$84||$706||$59|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$110||$218||$278||$16||$84||$706||$59|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$126||$218||$314||$18||$94||$770||$64|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$126||$218||$278||$16||$84||$722||$60|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$218||$278||$16||$84||$722||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact premium rates noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Anchorage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Yaris settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Toyota Yaris insurance in Anchorage
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Anchorage auto insurance with certain companies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Yaris may earn a small discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Anchorage auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- E-sign – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer discounts in Alaska, click this link.
The Toyota Yaris Insurance Rate Equation
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- City dwellers may pay more – Residing in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Costs go up with performance – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these assumptions: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Toyota Yaris car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful job? – Jobs such as doctors, business owners, and miners have higher premium rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Don’t cut corners with liability – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Toyota from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
Traffic violations hurt – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents raise Toyota Yaris auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Teen drivers pay more – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance loss statistics a Toyota Yaris – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Yaris vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Yaris Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Yaris 94 88 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Anchorage?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ronald Samber
1731 Bragaw St – Anchorage, AK 99508 – (907) 333-4566 – View Map
- Lisa Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
8427 Laviento Dr #201 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 344-0506 – View Map
- Stacey Roy – State Farm Insurance Agent
9220 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste A6 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 345-0505 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
- Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
- Conrad-Houston Insurance
507 W Northern Lights Blvd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 276-7667 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
After receiving reasonable responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. The cheapest Toyota Yaris insurance in Anchorage can be sourced online and with local Anchorage insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can find cheap Toyota Yaris insurance in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Anchorage auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)