Finding cheaper rates on Mercury Sable insurance in Anchorage may be challenging for drivers new to online insurance quotes. With such a large number of companies, it can quickly become a burden to find the best price in Alaska on Mercury Sable insurance.
How to find discount Mercury Sable insurance in Anchorage
Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Anchorage is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Alaska.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding better rates. A study showed that drivers who shopped around saved about $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Anchorage is your goal, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Comparing rates for cheaper insurance policy in Anchorage is not as hard as you may think. But Alaska vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to calculate their prices and take advantage of how the system works.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though Anchorage Sable insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mercury, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercury at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Mercury Sable but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Mercury gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Anchorage is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Sable can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Anchorage auto insurance but check with your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Anchorage auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, driver’s education, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, air bags, federal employee, good student, and seat belt use.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, theft prevention, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and driver training.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good student, air bags, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, bundle, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, and pay-in-full.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in your state. If you would like to view companies who offer cheap Mercury Sable insurance quotes in Alaska, click here.