A recent study showed that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Anchorage could save about 35% each year, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The most effective way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Anchorage.
- First, get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover tips to help reduce premium rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Clarity coverage is available in Anchorage. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Anchorage seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are insured now, you will be able to find better prices using these tips. Drivers just have to know the fastest way to buy auto insurance on the web.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Alaska. To buy cheaper car insurance in Alaska, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their company to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
Choosing Honda vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Clarity in Anchorage, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Clarity has a lienholder, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Honda and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How to find a good Anchorage auto insurance company
Picking a high-quality car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Anchorage. The company rank data displayed below could help you decide which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- The General – A-
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Alaska?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a good Anchorage insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out why they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agencies in Anchorage willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes.
Kent S Kallander Insurance Agency Inc
1317 W Northern Lights Blvd #9 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1492 – View Map
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map