It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your intention, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Anchorage is to annually compare prices from companies in Alaska.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Chrysler Town and Country Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Age of drivers – Mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers have been known to be easily distracted behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Eliminate extra coverages – Policies have add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Alaska department of motor vehicles.
Discounts for married drivers – Being married helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
How’s your driving record? – Getting just one ticket may increase your cost substantially. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received severe citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accidents can drive up Chrysler Town and Country insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Affects performance affects auto insurance rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates will generally be found on economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart uses these variables: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chrysler Town and Country rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Big cities mean more claims – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Lots of companies will give discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Low cost Chrysler Town and Country insurance prices in Anchorage, AK
Just remember that more quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Anchorage Town and Country insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Alaska. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Alaska, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The table below covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Chrysler Town and Country models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are established can help you make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$214||$320||$238||$14||$72||$858||$72|
|Town and Country Touring||$240||$390||$238||$14||$72||$954||$80|
|Town and Country Signature||$240||$390||$238||$14||$72||$954||$80|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$240||$390||$238||$14||$72||$954||$80|
|Town and Country Limited||$268||$458||$238||$14||$72||$1,050||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can revise auto insurance rates substantially.
Chrysler Town and Country annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need insurance for your Town and Country
Even though Anchorage Town and Country insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chrysler Town and Country, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Anchorage?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Town and Country insurance in Anchorage.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Anchorage auto insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no violations or accidents, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers who offer insurance discounts in Alaska, click this link.
Local Anchorage auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Anchorage.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Anchorage can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage that may be able to give you price quote information.
Alaskan General Insurance
1400 W Benson Blvd # 500 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 297-4500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that are able to give price quote information.
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Anchorage?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Anchorage can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
When getting Anchorage auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)