If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Anchorage is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Alaska.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that drivers who shopped around annually saved approximately $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for Audi A4 insurance in Anchorage is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of the best way to compare coverages can help make the process easier.
Buy Anchorage Audi A4 insurance online
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to take a few minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Alaska, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current A4 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Anchorage car insurance digitally online.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, good student, military active duty, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and air bags.
- USAA offers discounts including driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, safe driver, family discount, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may include discounts for emergency road assistance, online quote, anti-lock brakes, renters, Switch & Save, homeowner, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, homeowner, teen driver, and early shopping.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
Check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Alaska, click here.
Audi A4 insurance charts and tables
The rate table shown next outlines different insurance policy prices for Audi A4 models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are established can assist in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$112||$250||$256||$16||$76||$710||$59|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$112||$218||$256||$16||$76||$678||$57|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$112||$218||$256||$16||$76||$678||$57|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$112||$250||$256||$16||$76||$710||$59|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$250||$256||$16||$76||$724||$60|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$250||$256||$16||$76||$724||$60|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$250||$256||$16||$76||$724||$60|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$126||$250||$256||$16||$76||$724||$60|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$250||$256||$16||$76||$724||$60|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$250||$256||$16||$76||$724||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase coverage rates considerably.
How much more does full coverage cost in Anchorage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Audi A4 car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no written rule to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A4 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Which car insurance company is best in Alaska?
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Anchorage. The information in the lists below can help you select which car insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Eight factors that determine insurance costs
Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Rates for males may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Females and males have auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Audi A4 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Having a spouse reduces risk – Having a spouse may save some money on car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Performance impacts insurance costs – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these variables: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Audi A4 rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
- Don’t abuse claims – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Alaska give the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Liability is critical – Liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Most insurers allow lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Audi A4 claim probability – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Audi A4 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years