We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Anchorage is the reason for your visit, understanding how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
The best way to get low-cost Chrysler 200 insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices regularly from providers in Alaska.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Most major insurance companies provide prices for coverage from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Chrysler 200 insurance in Anchorage is very simple as you simply enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When complete, their system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Anchorage makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find the most affordable premium.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Alaska. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in AK, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chrysler 200 insurance in Anchorage?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
Local Anchorage insurance agencies
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What companies can they write with?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a local Anchorage insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are Anchorage independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map
If you feel you receive good feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is a good match to service your policy. It’s important to know that consumers can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don’t think that you are obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Will my Chrysler 200 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Having a spouse is a good thing – Being married actually saves money when shopping for insurance. It means you’re more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Alaska provide better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Never go without insurance – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Better drivers pay less – Even one chargeable violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
With age comes lower rates – Young drivers in Alaska tend to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teen driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
Commute or pleasure use – The more miles you rack up on your Chrysler in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your 200 is throwing money out the window. Make sure your insurance policy properly reflects annual mileage.
Insurance loss statistics a Chrysler 200 – Car insurance companies use historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is mandatory in Alaska but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chrysler 200 and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
How to find a good Alaska car insurance company
Selecting a high-quality insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Anchorage. The company ratings shown next can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- GEICO – 89%
- The Hartford – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
Affordable insurance rates are out there
We just showed you a lot of techniques to find cheap Chrysler 200 insurance in Anchorage. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Additional insurance information can be read below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)