The best way we recommend to save money on car insurance rates in Anchorage is to compare prices at least once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Alaska. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more details to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper XJ coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved on average $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Jaguar XJ insurance in Anchorage is your objective, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for coverages can help make the process easier.
The best way to compare rates for Jaguar XJ insurance in Anchorage is to know the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like which vehicles you own, any included safety features, if you lease or own, and level of coverage desired. The rating information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To compare multiple company cheap Jaguar XJ insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Jaguar XJ insurance in Anchorage
Insurance can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Anchorage without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow companies to look at where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Jaguar may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and driver training.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, payment discounts, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and multi-car.
Check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Rates and information analytics
The table displayed next highlights different coverage prices for Jaguar XJ models. Being able to understand how auto insurance policy rates are established is important to be able to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$374||$308||$18||$92||$962||$80|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$412||$308||$18||$92||$1,014||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Anchorage location which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Anchorage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for dropping full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jaguar XJ claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Jaguar XJ Insurance Rate Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- No policy gaps is important – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Poor driving habits means higher prices – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. People who have multiple citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can raise Jaguar XJ insurance rates for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Your address can influence price – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Jaguar XJ claim data – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jaguar XJ Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD 254 Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD 169 236 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD 210 88 149 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD 238 198BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Anchorage insurance agencies
Many drivers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
When looking for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Anchorage are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Stacey Roy – State Farm Insurance Agent
9220 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste A6 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 345-0505 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Devery Prince Agency Team
401 E Fireweed Ln Ste 200 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 279-9000 – View Map
- State Farm: Amy Jones
111 W 6th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2060 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage willing to provide price quotes.
- Kevin Dykman Agency
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
- Umialik Insurance Company
3301 C St #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 338-5445 – View Map
- Insurance Group Of Alaska
505 W Northern Lights Blvd #216 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 276-9600 – View Map
How to find a good Alaska auto insurance company
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Anchorage. The company rank data displayed below can help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
A little work can save a LOT of money
When you buy Anchorage car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Anchorage can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Anchorage, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More information can be found at these links:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)