A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Alaska drivers could save themselves nearly $400 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to quote cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Anchorage is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Alaska.
- Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Anchorage can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, anyone who is looking for cheaper auto insurance will probably find a lower-cost policy. Although Alaska car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
To find affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from different Anchorage insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance rate quotes online makes it obsolete to drive to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for car insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Anchorage, AK. To buy cheap auto insurance in AK, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Jeep Compass models. Learning a little about how insurance policy premiums are established can be useful when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$88||$156||$262||$16||$78||$600||$50|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$102||$190||$262||$16||$78||$648||$54|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$102||$190||$262||$16||$78||$648||$54|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$102||$190||$262||$16||$78||$648||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect rates considerably.
Earn discounts on Anchorage car insurance
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before they will apply.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates as compared to bad drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current Compass insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Anchorage can help you save on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your car insurance premiums.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Compass car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view insurance companies with the best Jeep Compass insurance discounts in Anchorage in Alaska, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional in Alaska
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How long have they been in business?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
What types of car insurance agents are in Anchorage?
If you are wanting to find a local Anchorage insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Anchorage are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always check rates from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Anchorage that can give you rate quotes.
500 W 36th Ave #210 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 770-2400 – View Map