Shockingly, over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Anchorage consumers can save approximately $368 each year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Audi A5 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
Step 1: Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for tips to keep prices down and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
The purpose of this post is to tell you the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Drivers just need to use the fastest way to shop from many companies at once.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Alaska, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Choosing A5 insurance is an important decision
Even though Anchorage A5 insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your A5, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Audi A5 insurance statistics and information
The table shown below covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Audi A5 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are figured can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$388||$302||$18||$90||$1,042||$87|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$388||$302||$18||$90||$1,042||$87|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$438||$302||$18||$90||$1,092||$91|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$438||$302||$18||$90||$1,092||$91|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$438||$302||$18||$90||$1,092||$91|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$244||$438||$356||$22||$106||$1,166||$97|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$244||$438||$356||$22||$106||$1,166||$97|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$270||$438||$302||$18||$90||$1,118||$93|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$438||$356||$22||$106||$1,192||$99|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$438||$356||$22||$106||$1,192||$99|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$270||$490||$302||$18||$90||$1,170||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect insurance rates substantially.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Audi A5 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Audi A5 liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below shows the comparison of Audi A5 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A5 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Audi A5 insurance discounts in Anchorage
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a slight reduction on a Anchorage car insurance quote.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current A5 insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Audi A5 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or accidents, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.