Do you want a faster way to compare cheaper auto insurance rates in Anchorage, AK? Anchorage drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Suzuki SX4 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes on a Suzuki and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Anchorage insurance agents.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Anchorage is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Smart buyers just need to know the fastest way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance at a Discount
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Single drivers take more risk – Being married actually saves money on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- You might want pay the inexpensive policy claims yourself – Auto insurance companies in Alaska generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Never let your car insurance expire – Driving without insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Alaska DMV.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance coverage is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated SX4 can result in significantly higher rates.
Suzuki SX4 coverage analysis
The price information displayed next highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Suzuki SX4 models. Having a better idea how policy rates are determined is important for making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$202||$514||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|SX4 Sport SE||$202||$514||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$202||$436||$308||$18||$92||$1,056||$88|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$202||$436||$308||$18||$92||$1,056||$88|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$202||$436||$308||$18||$92||$1,056||$88|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$202||$514||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$228||$436||$308||$18||$92||$1,082||$90|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$228||$436||$308||$18||$92||$1,082||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Suzuki SX4 insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Careless Anchorage drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Suzuki SX4 car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Anchorage and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Suzuki SX4 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and air bag.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, good driver, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, new car, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, and continuous insurance.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, mature driver, homeowner, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- USAA discounts include safe driver, annual mileage, loyalty savings, new vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, new move discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, and good student.
Check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage. For a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Anchorage, follow this link.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When shopping online for insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious Suzuki SX4 insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Anchorage insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
How to find more affordable Suzuki SX4 insurance in Anchorage
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Anchorage. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as careless driving and poor credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)