If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Audi S8 insurance in Anchorage is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Alaska.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and poor credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional tips to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around once a year are very likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Most larger insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing Audi S8 insurance rates online is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the coverages you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the quote system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote.
Getting online rate quotes for Audi S8 insurance in Anchorage makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To save time and compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Alaska. To buy cheap car insurance in AK, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Anchorage, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your S8, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your Audi and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Alaska is wasting up to $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates.
Defend yourself with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Vehicle options can affect rates – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Audi is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Alaska motor vehicle department.
Rates increase with driving citations – Careful drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have serious citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most larger insurers afford lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Audi S8 insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Audi S8 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S8 4dr 4WD||288||266|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Anchorage car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their company to study their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anchorage Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Anchorage can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Claim Free – Anchorage drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Anchorage, click here.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Alaska?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I buy only the required Alaska minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Anchorage.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The difference between Anchorage car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Anchorage who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Marsh Mc Lennan Agency
1031 W 4th Ave #400 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 276-5617 – View Map
- Aurora Insurance Services – A Horace Mann Company
4450 Cordova St #120 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-5300 – View Map
- J C Morris Insurance Services
4011 Arctic Blvd #105 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 272-2524 – View Map
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Anchorage that can give you price quotes.
- Gary Annis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3330 C St #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 563-1960 – View Map
- Amanda Juliussen – State Farm Insurance Agent
5600 Debarr Road Ste 140 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 333-4131 – View Map
- Steve VanHorne – State Farm Insurance Agent
510 W Tudor Rd Ste 1 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-0000 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Affordable Audi S8 insurance in Anchorage can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered many ways to lower your Audi S8 insurance rates in Anchorage. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Anchorage car insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Anchorage car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)