The easiest way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Anchorage. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but most insurance buyers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Alaska could save 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
To get inexpensive Anchorage auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. The easiest way by far to find affordable Volvo XC90 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates this option unless you require the peace of mind of a licensed agent. You can, however, price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage table shown next showcases different insurance costs for Volvo XC90 models. Having insight into how auto insurance premiums are determined can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC90 3.2 2WD||$228||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD||$228||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|XC90 3.2 AWD||$254||$562||$308||$18||$92||$1,234||$103|
|XC90 V8 AWD||$254||$562||$308||$18||$92||$1,234||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise premiums substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Volvo XC90 insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Anchorage car insurance agent
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Anchorage.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Anchorage that can provide free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive and independent Anchorage car insurance agents
If you want a local agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get pricing information.
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that is professional and can service your policy. Just remember you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t think that you’re stuck with a policy with no way out.