A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Alaska consumers could save approximately $370 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Anchorage.
- First, try to learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Rabbit insurance in Anchorage. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Our goal is to tell you how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Although Alaska vehicle owners do need to know the methods companies use to price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Low Cost companies for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Alaska
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Anchorage, AK. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Alaska, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Anchorage
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, accident-free, good driver, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, teen driver, alternative fuel, youthful driver, distant student, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe driver, air bags, company car, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Anchorage. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Alaska, click here.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Anchorage.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Anchorage who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Anchorage agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you need to get quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Anchorage that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Dewar Insurance Agency
205 E Benson Blvd – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 258-8888 – View Map
- The Wilson Agency
3000 A St #400 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-1616 – View Map
- Denali Alaskan Insurance LLC
440 E 36th Ave #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 257-1625 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are Anchorage exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Stacey Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2203 W Dimond Blvd #100B – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 277-2233 – View Map
- Art Dorsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
9191 Old Seward Hwy #6 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 522-1231 – View Map
- Dave Strike – State Farm Insurance Agent
2213 E Tudor Rd #54 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2721 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Anchorage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How long has the business existed?
How to find a good Anchorage car insurance company
Ending up with a good quality insurer can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Alaska. The ranking information shown next may help you select which car insurance providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- The General – A-
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Car insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, hail damage and fire damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/25 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, attorney fees, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Alaska state minimum liability requirements are 50/100/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen Rabbit.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Alaska limits are 50/100/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for things like hospital visits, dental work and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Rabbit caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Rabbit to get cheaper collision coverage.
Cheaper coverage is out there
When you buy Anchorage auto insurance online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Anchorage can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Anchorage auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)