Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Alaska can cut their rates by nearly $400 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Pontiac G5 insurance in Anchorage is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Alaska.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more details to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Anchorage can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, use these techniques to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Consumers just need to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
How to shop Pontiac G5 insurance online
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Anchorage, AK. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Alaska, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new G5 may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Anchorage auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Anchorage auto insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, age of vehicle, annual mileage, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts for accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and business or organization.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Anchorage auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Anchorage, click here.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Pontiac G5 Insurance Rates?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Pontiac has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Tickets are costly – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Deter vehicle theft – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Poor credit rating equals high premiums – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Pontiac G5 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Buying from insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage that can give you free Anchorage auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Anchorage should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Alaska?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
If you would like to find a local agent, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Anchorage willing to provide price quotes.
- Stacey Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2203 W Dimond Blvd #100B – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 277-2233 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Katrina J. Cain
540 Karluk St – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 274-2886 – View Map
- Dave Strike – State Farm Insurance Agent
2213 E Tudor Rd #54 – Anchorage, AK 99507 – (907) 562-2721 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get price quote information.
- Umialik Insurance Company
3301 C St #300 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 338-5445 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
Alaska auto insurance companies
Finding a good quality auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Alaska. The ranking information shown next may help you pick which insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced Pontiac G5 insurance in Anchorage can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for Pontiac G5 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small local company.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)