The most effective way to get discount auto insurance rates in Anchorage is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Alaska.
Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Alaska have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
Cheap companies for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Alaska
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Alaska. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Anchorage, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for affordable insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new S-Type can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
Insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need low cost Anchorage car insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Anchorage, click this link.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
- Single drivers take more risk – Getting married may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The performance of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are for low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Which gender costs less? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Save miles and save money – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your S-Type may be wasting your money.
- Why do you need liability? – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Anchorage car insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Anchorage who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
Auto insurance agents in Anchorage come in two varieties
If you are searching for a local Anchorage insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Anchorage agents are either independent or exclusive. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Anchorage willing to provide price quote information.
- Tim Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
1417 W Northern Lights Blvd A – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 561-4000 – View Map
- Stacey Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2203 W Dimond Blvd #100B – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 277-2233 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Rodriguez
5001 Arctic Blvd Ste 201 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 562-0003 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are Anchorage independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Associated Insurance Services
7125 Old Seward Hwy #203 – Anchorage, AK 99518 – (907) 349-2229 – View Map
- Alaska Service Agency
6901 Debarr Road #201 – Anchorage, AK 99504 – (907) 337-2311 – View Map
- The Wilson Agency
3000 A St #400 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-1616 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
What is the best auto insurance company in Alaska?
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Anchorage. The company rank data shown below can help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- GEICO – 89%
- The Hartford – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just learned many ideas to shop for Jaguar S-Type insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Jaguar S-Type rate quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Lower-priced Jaguar S-Type insurance in Anchorage is possible online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Anchorage Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)