Unthinkable but true, 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Anchorage drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Audi TT RS insurance in Anchorage is to regularly compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Alaska. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Anchorage. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Score discounts on Anchorage car insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Anchorage, click here to view.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Anchorage, AK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Insurance Providers Determine Audi TT RS Insurance Prices
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Marriage can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Responsible drivers pay lower rates – Even a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Extra coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Buying insurance from Anchorage insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Anchorage who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Anchorage are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Anchorage willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Devery Prince Agency Team
401 E Fireweed Ln Ste 200 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 279-9000 – View Map
- Herb Schlereth – State Farm Insurance Agent
225 E Fireweed Ln #101 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-5548 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ann T. Steck-Nale
1120 Huffman Rd, Ste A21 – Anchorage, AK 99515 – (907) 333-4411 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Anchorage willing to provide price quote information.
- Alaska Pacific Insurance Agency dba: APIA Insurance
912 E 15th Ave #100 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (800) 890-5563 – View Map
- The Wilson Agency
3000 A St #400 – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (907) 277-1616 – View Map
- Integrity Insurance Agency
1505 W 34th Ave – Anchorage, AK 99503 – (844) 878-0258 – View Map
Car insurance is not optional in Alaska
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi TT RS in Anchorage, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Alaska these limits are 50/100/25 which means you must have $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi TT RS has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Audi TT RS and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $850 per year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
Cover all your bases
When getting Anchorage auto insurance quotes online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, poor customer service, high prices and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
We just presented many tips how you can get a better price on Audi TT RS insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Other learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Anchorage Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Police Officers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)