If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Anchorage is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Alaska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Read about coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to lower rates and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you're comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It's well known that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop for lower prices will presumably move their business because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Anchorage is the reason you're reading this, then having a grasp of how to shop for coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Rates can change based on your address - Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Infrequent drivers can save - The more you drive your Dodge every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Ram may be costing you.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Lots of insurers will award discounts to customers that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other Anchorage Ram insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Vehicle options can affect auto insurance rates - Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Stay claim-free and reduce premiums - If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Alaska generally give cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Car insurance data for a Dodge Ram
The premium table displayed below showcases estimates of coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Learning how insurance rates are figured is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$112||$180||$322||$20||$96||$730||$61|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$126||$218||$322||$20||$96||$782||$65|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$140||$258||$322||$20||$96||$836||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$140||$296||$322||$20||$96||$874||$73|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$140||$296||$322||$20||$96||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can revise prices substantially.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders raise Dodge Ram insurance rates for different age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below compares Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Alaska minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about before being credited.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Anchorage.
Anchorage car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Anchorage. The company information listed below can help you select which providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- The General
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Anchorage Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- The General
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Anchorage. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Anchorage auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)