The preferred way to get cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Anchorage is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Alaska.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and a negative credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for ideas to help keep prices low and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on 124 Spider insurance. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of Alaska drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America could save as much as $860 every year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Anchorage is not rocket science. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Although Alaska drivers must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Fiat may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, newly retired, and new graduate.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, good student, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, good driver
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
When getting free Anchorage car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in Anchorage.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Anchorage utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information including level of coverage desired, how much education you have, how your vehicles are used, and an estimate of your credit level. Your information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Alaska. To locate cheap car insurance in Alaska, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Fiat 124 Spider?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Fiat 124 Spider?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Alaska?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Buying auto insurance from Anchorage insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents in Anchorage who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Anchorage should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you want to use a local Anchorage insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Anchorage that can give you comparison quotes.
Curt Green, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
836 E 15th Ave #1 – Anchorage, AK 99501 – (907) 272-2812 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are independent insurance agents in Anchorage who can help you get price quotes.
After you get good responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce Fiat 124 Spider insurance premium rates online in Anchorage. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
The cheapest Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Anchorage can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Anchorage car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teachers in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anchorage Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Anchorage? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)