If you want to save money, the best way to get budget Toyota Avalon insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Anchorage.
Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Avalon insurance in Anchorage. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of Alaska drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save themselves up to $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switched.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Anchorage can be much easier if you know how to start. If you currently have insurance, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Toyota Avalon insurance in Anchorage takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as marital status, driver details, what you do for a living, and how much school you completed. That rating information is instantly provided to all major companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies provide quotes in Anchorage, AK. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in AK, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Toyota Avalon insurance in Anchorage
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive reduced rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Toyota Avalon insurance in Anchorage.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Avalon annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Alaska state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see insurers who offer online Toyota Avalon insurance quotes in Anchorage, click this link.
Rates and other information
The premium information displayed below covers a range of prices for Toyota Avalon models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are figured is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alaska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can impact premium rates substantially.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Avalon insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Avalon claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Learn How to Buy Insurance Cheaper
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Toyota scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The information below compares Toyota Avalon insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Avalon may be costing you.
Good drivers pay less – Even one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accidents influence Toyota Avalon insurance prices for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Toyota from damage. Some coverage claims would be a dented fender, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Toyota Avalon historical loss data – Companies analyze historical claim data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Avalon vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Avalon Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Avalon 113 72 112 106 98 74 Toyota Avalon Hybrid 120 72 132 107 85 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years